2008年9月20日 星期六

Week 4

I personally think both analysis and design can’t be separated from each other. Analysis will make yourself analyze the details of your project, and also a clear analysis will make learners/reader get a better understanding of what your purposes are in this piece of model. In addition, if you can make the analysis clear, you should be able to create a good design of your project for people to learn from it. So I think both of them are connected to each other in order to make something organized and neat.
For the “Information R/Evolution” video, I feel like if you can provide a detailed and clear instruction for learners to explore, the steps will definitely be reduced and might turn out a better effect. For example, in my CECS 5100 course, the Professor doesn’t really provide a neat instruction when asking student to do programming stuff. If he can provide a clear direction to show us how to do something, we might spend lesser time to figure it out by ourselves.

1 則留言:

Scott 提到...

Hi, Tracy!

You're absolutely right. analysis and design are definitely linked together. The analysis, ideally, should guide the design. I like to think of it as a flow instead of a step-by-step process, since the design can send you back to the analysis phase for more clarification.

And you brought up a good point from Information R/Evolution -- most learning today seems to be a self-guided journey, and the steps need to be clear so others can find the solution. I found this to be the case when I took CECS 5100 last semester. I found that the Internet was my friend and I found several tutorial websites to help me survive. :)

Have a good week! Scott